Parent Volunteers in Classrooms
Parents can also help out in the classrooms by assisting the teachers, working with students, and helping with paperwork or after school programs. Volunteers who work in the classroom will be mandated to attend one hour training. All parent volunteers need to fill out a Volunteer Background Check form that will be provided in your child’s classroom. These are also needed to attend any fieldtrips.
Attend school activities:
- Back to School Night
- Parent Conferences
- Open House
- Family Nights
Assist your child with their learning:
- Asking them about school each day.
- Monitoring attendance.
- Read to and with your child each day.
- Provide a quiet place for them to work.
- Making sure that homework is completed.
- Monitoring amount of television their children watch.
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.