Ways to Become Involved in Your Child’s Education
at West Putnam Elementary School
Become a member of these committees:
School Site Council: Five parents and five staff members
Duties: Meet five times a year
- Assess the needs of the school program related to the need of the students.
- Agree on a comprehensive plan designed to improve the effectiveness of the school program following the latest state and federally mandated plan format.
- Review and agree on the system to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the program.
- Annually review the effectiveness of the program and develop appropriate revisions in the plan of activities.
English Language Acquisition Committee (ELAC)
Parents of second language learners meet 4 times a year
- Assess the needs of the ELD programs.
- Information on how the program is doing.
- State mandated reports
- Explanation of the CELDT test
- Guest Speakers from the community: Health care/ Higher Education/Adult School-English Course offered/Gangs/Parent strategies to help their children in school
P.T.O. – Parent and Teacher Organization
We run fundraisers to purchase things that can not be purchased with restricted State and Federal money. P.T.O. can purchase things for the school, students, and teachers. P.T.O. members also help out with student activities or events.